How to add text
To add text to your spread:
- Double click on any part of your spread to bring up the Designer View.
- From the toolbar on the left, select the Text tool, and click on the area of the spread where you wish to add text.
- Select type options, such as font, size, style, and color, in the Tool Options bar:
- Font name
- Font size
- Styling, including bold, italic, and underline
- Tracking, which determines the distance between typed characters
- Text color
- Type the characters you want.
- Commit to the text layer by doing one of the following:
- Press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Double-click outside the text box.
- Select a different tool in the toolbar.
Note: SmartAlbums currently supports only one line of text. Adding multiple lines of text is something that we'll be adding in a future update. In the meantime, if you would like to add multiple lines of text (paragraph-style), we would suggest exporting your spread as a fully-layered PSD file and make your text additions in Adobe Photoshop.