How to add text
To add text to your spread:
- Double click on any part of your spread to bring up the Designer View.
- From the toolbar on the left, select the Text tool, and click on the area of the spread where you wish to add text.
- Select type options, such as font, size, style, and color, in the Tool Options bar:
- Font name
- Font size
- Styling, including bold, italic, and underline
- Tracking, which determines the distance between typed characters
- Text color
- Type the characters you want.
- Commit to the text layer by doing one of the following:
- Press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Double-click outside the text box.
- Select a different tool in the toolbar.
Note: SmartAlbums 2 currently supports only one line of text. If you would like to add multiple lines of text (paragraph-style), we would suggest exporting your spread as a fully-layered PSD file and making your text additions in Adobe Photoshop.
Keep in mind that SmartAlbums 2019 supports multiple lines of text. You can learn more about what's new in this version here, or upgrade at any time here.