SmartAlbums 2.0.13 for Mac Release Notes
IMPORTANT: Custom Template Library File Format Update
There were recent changes to how frame dimensions are stored in custom template files. If you have any custom templates that you created in SmartAlbums 2.0.12, please follow the steps in this article before updating SmartAlbums.
Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed issue when custom templates appear to not preserve their exact original size, when using templates that were created in SmartAlbums 2.0.11 and prior.
- Fixed issue when the entire custom template library would not load due to a single corrupted template (such templates are ignored).
- Frames in custom templates, that were created in SmartAlbums 2.0.12, will have their size modified. This is to ensure that they work correctly further on with the updated algorithm for storing custom templates' frame sizes (versions 2.0.11 and prior are not affected).
Feature Differences Between Mac and Windows Versions
- Opening project files built with SmartAlbums versions prior to 2.1 will not be supported (future release SmartAlbums 2.1 for Mac will be able to save project files in the compatible format).
- PSD export is 'beta' mode in SmartAlbums for Windows.
- Cloud Proofing is not available in SmartAlbums for Windows (coming in future releases).
- Matted albums support is not available in SmartAlbums for Windows.
- Design-time color profile management does not work in SmartAlbums for Windows (coming in future releases).
- Importing images in ProPhoto RGB color profile is not supported in SmartAlbums for Windows (coming in future releases).
- ProPhoto RGB color profile export is not available in SmartAlbums for Windows.
- Legacy proofing export is not available in SmartAlbums for Windows.
- Mac OS X Quick Look feature is not available in SmartAlbums for Windows (preview in Windows Photo Viewer is available only).